Tuesday 10 January 2012

Operation Redecoration

So its currently the 3rd day of a blissful 16 day break from work and I thought I'd write about the (lack of) progress I'm making on my bedroom redecoration.


So my mums been at me for a while to redecorate so I jumped at the chance with the little break to do so, if only so that its one less thing thats not on our minds. Besides, its been a while… okay, so its been 7-8 years…
So in this, I have to:

  • Strip the walls of the wall paper I made of posters
  • Repaint with the chosen color(s)
  • Re-carpet the floor
  • Reorganise the furniture
  • Throw out any junk you haven't used in a long time
  • Accessorise the room so that it looks like a girl lives in it!
  • Create a camera setup area for vlogging, tutorials and reviews
  • Create an area to get ready e.g. extension cable to plug in hairdryers etc



However, how am I able to show how big a job I have? We take photos of course :)


So in these photos, I have re-jigged the bed and some of the furniture, however I don't think the furniture will be staying here.



Now this used to be where my bed was, so I had more posters above my bed, magazine clippings and larger posters which eventually fell down because of the weight and gravity. So you can see what I mean by stripping the walls. Easy job, right?


Wrong. I have to scrape off all the old, dried in white tack that I used packets upon packets of to hold up the beloved posters. Below is pictures of how untidy the walls look because of this.






I wasn't joking when I said that I covered every area. And where did the posters fall? On the ground. Usually blue-tack side down.




So new carpet needs purchased. One that will match the new paint. I have chosen lemon and blue. Lemon for 3 walls, blue for the 'up and over' part of the room as I call it. My ceiling slopes, which would explain my lack of braincells as I repeatedly bang my head off the roof on a daily basis when I'm on the right-hand side of my room.




This will be the 'getting ready' area, where I plan to get large mirrors and lamps and such. Somewhere here will be the camera setup as well. The back wall will be lemon, and the other 'up and over' bit will be aqua.




So I'll blog in a few days with my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment